Sunday, October 10, 2010

Back out of wack

Prior to the I can make you thin post I should have written this one. But forgot... must mean Im feeling better.

I started getting these massive pains in my head a few weeks ago. It was after a particularly full on session with my Personal Trainer I woke up the next day with this throbbing pains in my skull. I realised it must be my neck or back out of wack. So I went to the chiropractor. I had xrays and they said my neck was out in two places and my back out in two places. Then they realised my skull was also out of wack too. I had it all adjusted back into place and I feel much better now. I think its from having to get used to sitting at a desk and in the wrong possy all day. I've now adjusted my monitor and seat so I'm sitting better. And I'm trying to use better posture as I work out and move around and I guess this extra awareness has started me on a crusade to be more aware of my body. The chiro thinks I've been out of wack for a while its just been agravated. So hopefully I'm ok now as back, neck and skull pain are quite nasty. I spend several nights just lying on my back afraid to move. Its amazing how just getting your back cracked can make you feel so much better.

However the people in the Chiro were weirdos. Think I wandered into a scientologist community or weird happy people cult. They were over friendly and over dedicated to their jobs. You know like "hi Ill be your assistant today, my name is Jackie. How can I help you." Like American overservice. Asking me really personal questions like "what was the most stressful thing you have ever had happen to you" I mean how is that relevant to the fact I've put my back out at the gym. Honestly do they think its any of their business... I'm there to get my back adjusted not to see a councilor.

I probably would have kept going longer but they made me feel a bit freaked out. I felt like they had no regard for my money or the quick cure i wanted. It cost me a fortune seeing them and they expecting me to come get my back cracked every week if not twice a week as a standard thing. This is even after I felt better. For example I rang to cancel my next appt when I felt better saying "i feel better so now I don't need my appt" receptionist said "sorry I will have to speak to the dr about if you can cancel". I said but "i feel fine now I dont need to come" she says "I need to ask the dr", i say "Well please do that but your best to cancel my appt as I'm not planning to come... thank you". It was as if I had to ask the Dr for permission to leave the cult. Weirdo's. I know they were trying to maximise their business but I felt like they were over treating me and wanted my money. I mean $50 a session for 2 minutes with the Dr who is running out of the room treating other patients as treating you then $200 for xrays and then I had to come back every day at first at $50 a session. Then they wanted me to attend a class during work hours or after hours on chiro stuff they didnt have time to tell me about during my 2 minute session with the Dr. I felt like saying... I'm paying you to tell me stuff. I'm not coming back at another time while I'm mean to be working for you to tell me stuff you don't have time to tell me while I'm paying you.... tell me while I'm bloodywell paying you to instead of running in and out of my session treating other people... Focus on one patient and do your bloody job properly. The Dr and staff I felt almost were angry at me for not being able to give up more time to come to one of their classes on Chrio. The fact I had an apptment at the time the class was being run didn't seem to matter to them. I think they felt I should have canceled it and made their class my priority. It was so rude.

Anywhoo. Letting it go. Feeling much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment