Monday, July 19, 2010

Starting Again!

Well diet attempt number one has been a failure. I lost 2 kgs in 8-9 weeks. Not great but its a loss I guess. So I've been thinking of late that I need a bit more structure and exercise and to be a bit more disaplined. I'm so hopeless on my own as lately although I'm trying to diet I just have been eating what I want when I want it. So I've decided to scrap everything and start the whole diet again and try something different.

I weighed in at 122.1kg this morning. I'm still trying to lose as much as possible before January 2011. This time I'm aiming to lose 5 kgs at a time. So the first goal is 117.1 kg's. Every time I hit a 5kg goal Noel and I will celebrate somehow. Trying not to make it a food reward if possible.

So what am I doing differently this time.... well I joined the local Gym last week. EEEEEEk I know. I hate the Gym but I've come to the conclusion I need to suck it up and do some exercise. As soon as I joined last week I then promptly got the flue so couldnt go till this week. I also now have a personal trainer twice a week to help me get back into exercise. The first session is tomorrow. I'm very scared. I went today and did some cardio... almost killed me but I did it. I only made it to 35 minutes before my feet went to sleep on the xtrainer. I think it was my new sneakers which are really uncomfortable. Going to wear my old ones tomorrow and see if its that. Anyway I'm working my way up to an hour cardio a day so 35 minutes is a start.

The exercise plan being to work out twice a week with my trainer for 1/2 hour each session then on top of that work my way up to an hour cardio every day. By cardio I mean walking on the treadmill, going for a walk and light cardio like that. Just moving my big butt really.

Diet wise the trainer has advised me to start counting calories and eating healthy based. I have to write down what I eat each day and count the calories, protein, carbs etc. Its alot of work and I hate counting calories but I also have to suck that up too. I don't know how patient I will be doing this but I'm kind of used to writing down what I eat now. I'm not entirely sure how many calories a day yet I'm gonig to confirm that tomorrow with the trainer. I think its 1500 a day. Well thats what i've done pretty much today.

Anywhoo will keep posting what I eat and what I exercised each week and weigh in on Mondays.

Wish me luck tomorrow.

Eeek. Did I mention I'm scared... ahhhh gym... ahhhh

1 comment: