Friday, June 4, 2010

Write off!

Well this week so far started well then decended into the depths of many portugese custard tarts. What a write off! I broke the diet on Tuesday evening to cook dinner for guests we had. It was a fab dinner Rocket, Parmesan, Pear and Macadamia salad with sour dough. Beef Bourgenyon and mashed potato and Portugese custard tarts with strawberries for dessert. Also had loads of champayne. I had all good intentions of starting the diet again the next day but I just couldn't get my head around it. At least the Portugese custard tards I'd made with low fat pastry and low fat milk but still they aren't on the diet. Worse I had such a craving for them the next day I made 2 dozen more thinking I'd leave a dozen behind for our house sitters this weekend and Noel and I could take a few away with us.

Well we are away for a bit this next few days and there are only about 8 left out of the 2 dozen and I'm not leaving any behind. We are shocking!!! We've eaten almost the lost in 2 days. I've eaten pretty well considering around that but because I've also been out running around and going to job interviews and things and just haven't had time to cook. I also may have had a small jam tart at the Auckland museum when i took a friend there yesterday. Oopsy. So I think I'm going to have to either be more disaplined when we return and while I'm away or gosh knows what I will do.

At present I've put on a few hundred grams so its not too bad but I am concerned about going away for the weekend and my downward sprial I seem to be on. So I've packed sandwiches for today and lots and lots of apples and other fruit so at least I eat that first not roadside food on the way. I'm planning to eat in Thai and Chinese restaurtants alot so I can just have meat and vegetables. For lunches I can have a sandwhich and for breakfast maybe some boiled eggs or whatever I can find in the hotel or around. Its going to be hard but I will try and keep what I eat a) to a miniumum and b) healthy and c) do loads of exercise.

Wish me luck for the next few days eating out every meal! I just need to remind myself of the importance of losing this weight! Vanessa you wont have children and may get cancer if you continue this way. Grow up and get back on track.

There now I hope that helps if I say it many times to myself over the next few days!

1 comment:

  1. First rule of thumb...Do not cook yummy things whilst on a diet. Setting oneself up for failure. Second rule don't have people round for dinner at beginning of the diet. You wouldn't give up smoking and then the next week invite all your smoking friends round for a p^7s up. I know your the queen of entertaining but entertaining at the start of a weight loss journey is too risky unless one stiches up thy mouth.

    ReplyDelete