Thursday, May 27, 2010

Interesting ways with seeds

I get so bored eating seeds every day. Here are a few ways of making these a tad more interesting if you don't want to eat them in the salads and meals etc. I know some of these have ingredients not strickly on my diet but I figure if it gets me eating the seeds than fab. I will also do a bit more exercise that day if I've strayed this way. Really the only reason I'm straying slightly is trying to come up with ways to make the seeds transportable and yum as we are going away for a few days in a week or so and I won't have access to a kitchen and I may not be able to get a second serve of fruit a day.

Seed bars:
250 grams Coconut Dried/Shreded
Handful Dried Apricot
5 tblspns Sesame seeds
5 tblspns Sunflower seeds
250 grams Pumpkin seeds
100 grams Butter
1 cup Honey
Sprinkle Brown sugar to taste

Toast the seeds and coconut in a hot pan then place in a bowl. Melt butter, sugar and honey together till sugar is disolved. Pour into nut/seed mixture and mix. Grease a oblong tin and press the mixture into it. Refridgerate till its solid. Then cut into 5 slices and wrap in baking paper then put in little zip seal bags.

Asian Seeds:
5 tblspns Sesame seeds
5 tblspns Sunflower seeds
250 grams Pumpkin seeds
1 tblspn Soy Sauce

Toast all seeds together in hot pan till starting to smell toasty. Add soy sauce and stir quickly. Remove and place into 5 zip seal bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment